POLYTECHNIC QUESTION PAPER OF APPLIED PHYSICS-I
Polytechnic ALL engineering Branche Question paper of applied Physics-I
Courses :Common to All Engineering Branches
Code : 1003
Subject :applied Physics –I
Year/Sem : Ist
Note: Attempt five Questions Including Question No.1 Which is Compulsory .
- (A) write true or false of the Following
- Light Year is the unit of distance .
- If vectors A` and B` are perpendicular to each other then A‘xB`=0.
- Surface tension of a liquid Increases with increase in temperature .
- Frequency of ultrasonic waves is more than 20 KHz.
- Time of Reverberation increases with increase in the volume of meeting hall.
(B) Fill in the Blanks
- If the Percentage error in measuring the side of a cube is 1% then the percentage in volume will be _____
- In rotational motion the equivalent quantity of mass is
- A Car and a truck are Moving with same Kinetic energy . The linear momentum of ______ will be more .
- At ______ value of temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit scales is same .
- Absorptive power of an ideal black body is __________
- (A) Find the dimensional formula of the following Physical Quantities .
- Gravitational Constant
(B) Define Centripetal Force. Derive an expression for Centripetal force in terms of Frequency ?.
- (A) Define angular Momentum . Describe law of conservation of angular momentum with examples .
(B) the rate of revolutions of a motor increases from 10 Cycles /Second to 20 cycles/second in 10 second in 10 second . calculate ___
- Angular acceleration
- Angle covered in 4 seconds /4
- Number of rounds completed in 4 seconds
- (A) Write Stoke law. Derive an expression for co-efficient of viscosity of a liquid using Stoke law.
(b)A man weighing 70kg is standing in a soft . what will be his apparent weight when____
- Lift is moving upwards with 4.9 m/sec acceleration
- Lift is moving downwards with 4.9 m/sec acceleration
5.(A) Define the Following
- Isothermal surface
- Temperature gradient
- Steady state
- Thermal Conductivity
(B) In steady state the Temperature of the ends of 20 cm long metallic rod are 70 c and 20 c the temperature of the rod at 6 cm distance from hot end .
6.(A) Prove that the motion of a simple pendulum is simple harmonic Derive an expression for its time period .
(B) In simple Harmonic motion of a particle amplitude is 5 cm. If the acceleration of the particle at 2 cm distance from mean position is 8cm/sec what will be the velocity of the particle at a distance 3 cm from mean position .
- Write short note in any two of the Following ?
- Stress-strain curve
- Theorems of moment of inertia
- Different forms of energy and energy Transformation
(B) Uses of Ultrasonic waves .